- when Mr. B brings me a cup of tea in bed (rare - very, very rare!)
- a day off - not a weekend of chores kind of day off, a 'proper' day off
- a surprise bunch of flowers - either supermarket tulips or a full-on 'need both hands' bouquet (both rare - very, very rare. In fact, endangered!)
- coffee & a catch up with a close friend
- watching a movie in comfy cosy's on the sofa
- seeing my little-not-so-little fella play with Cocoa, my mum's chocolate labrador - they truly LOVE each other
- my new bling-tastic, silver boots - a birthday present to myself!
Anyway, most of you already know that I have a penchant for silver shoes so this isn't a random purchase but, for some reason, these are extra special to me. And not because they're expensive or designer, they're not - only £29.99 from H&M (can't find them online now though - sorry!).
I just love how they can shuzh up an otherwise ordinary outfit and according to many fashionistas out there, every woman over 40 should be adding statement shoes to their wardrobes to give them that 'edge'. Pah! Stuff the over 40 bit - women (or men) of any age should try it! Life is just too short not to make an entrance (or exit!).
As you’d expect, a statement piece, whether it be furniture, jewellery or clothing, is likely to spark banter.
Here are just a handful of comments I received when I wore my silver boots to work last week - such fun!
- You look like Barbarella!
- Where's your space suit?
- Very 60s
- Very Bowie
- And one guy (yes, guy) wanted to swap boots!
So, can I tempt you to add some metallic marvelousness into your life? Awww go on, go on - you know you want to!